“Secure Your Future And Family” Know about top 10 Health Insurance Companies in America
As noted by the Health Insurance Information Institute, there are a number of private healthcare insurance specialists in the US. But life/annuity and property/casualty insurers also write this coverage, commonly known as accident and health insurance.
Almost 84% more than in 2011, the accident and health insurance industry’s direct written premiums reached $2.25 trillion in 2022. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), the largest 10 insurers collectively wrote 55.3% of the total US market. Since health insurance is one of the most common types of insurance, this is a huge number.
In this Blog, I will describe the top 10 health and Accident insurance in the USA. Based on NAIC’S 2022 –
1. UNITED HEALTH – Among UnitedHealth Group’s core capabilities are clinical expertise, advanced technology, and data and health information, making it a diversified health and well-being company. With two distinct platforms, UnitedHealth Group serves consumers and clients in the US and 130 other countries: UnitedHealthcare offers healthcare coverage and benefits services, while Optum provides health information and technology-enabled services. Each year, the group processes approximately 1.1 trillion transactions and invests more than $4 billion in technology and innovation.
2. METLIFE (Metropolitan Life Insurance Company) – Based in New York, MetLife was established in 1868 and is presently serving about 90 million customers with insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs worldwide. The company has subsidiaries and affiliates in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, As the largest life insurer in the U.S. in terms of total assets, MetLife counts over 90 of the top 100 Fortune 500 companies as its corporate clients. You’re probably familiar with these guys if you’re looking for affordable life insurance. If you still don’t know which one we’re talking about, they’re the ones with Snoopy in their ads.
3. ANTHEM INC. – Through its affiliate companies, Anthem, Inc. serves more than 106 million people through its family of health plans, including 42 million within the family of health plans. Anthem is dedicated to making healthcare simpler and improving lives. It is committed to being the most innovative, valuable, and inclusive partner.
4. KAISER FOUNDATION – In addition to providing allergy, audiology, cardiology, dermatology, oncology, hospice, laboratory, nephrology, occupational therapy, pain management, pediatric rehabilitation, and pharmacy services, Kaiser Foundation Health Insurance Plan, Inc. operates as a non-profit healthcare organization. It serves patients in the United States.
5. CENTENE CORP – With more than 25 million members, Centene Corporation is a diversified, multinational healthcare company providing services to government-sponsored healthcare programs. The company operates in 50 states and three international markets and provides healthcare services to uninsured and underinsured individuals.
6. CVS HEALTH – There are more than 9,900 CVS retail locations, nearly 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, a pharmacy benefits manager with more than 100 million members, a diversified healthcare benefits company serving about 23.4% of medical members, and a senior pharmacy care business that serves more than 1 million patients per year, specialty pharmacy services expanding, and a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan that’s a standalone plan.
7. HUMANA – Through personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences, Humana’s cultural foundation is aligned with helping members achieve their best health. Humana creates innovative solutions and resources to help people live their healthiest lives on their terms – on their terms – by understanding that healthcare needs continue to evolve.
8. HEALTH CARE SERVICE CORPORATION (HCSC) – HCSC is the largest customer-owned healthcare insurance company in the US and is a mutual legal reserve company. With over 16 million members in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, the company employs more than 23,000 people across over 60 local offices, The Dearborn Group, Dental Network of America, HCSC Insurance Service Company, Medecision, Availity, Prime Therapeutics, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance are among the affiliates and subsidiaries of HCSC that offer life and health insurance products and related services.
9. INDEPENDENCE HEALTH GROUP – Founded in Philadelphia, Independence Health Group serves nearly 10 million clients in 27 states and the District of Columbia through its subsidiaries. The company serves a wide range of employers, from small and midsize businesses to national corporations, with a quarter of its customers located in southeastern Pennsylvania.
10. MOLINA HEALTHCARE INC. – It provides government-sponsored Health Insurance programs to qualified individuals and families. It is a Fortune 500 company that exclusively focuses on government-sponsored healthcare programs. In addition to providing quality healthcare services to individuals and families, the company contracts with state governments and serves as a health plan.
Read Also:- How Does Forex Trading Work & What Is Forex Trading? Complete Guide Here